- Homecoming. UNC's football opponent is division-leading Georgia Tech. In recent down years, UNC has always gotten some solace from the yellow Jackets, who were Mack Brown's one win in his first season, and a homecoming tie two years later, the sole blemish on Tech's national championship season. Bunting has only manged one win against Chan Gailey, though.
- The UNC Dance Marathon Homecoming Classic, where an organization named after one fundraiser holds a different fundraiser, confusing everyone for a good cause.
- The women's basketball season, at Carmichael Auditorium. The Heels are second in both national polls, just like their male counterparts, behind national champions Maryland.
- The NCAA soccer tournaments. UNC is a top seed on the women's side, in an East Coast bracket with a dangerous number of ACC teams, including Duke, Virginia, and Wake Forest. The men's bracket is a small affair, with UNC getting a bye until the 15th, playing the winner of Winthrop and old Dominion. 3rd seed SMU would be the Heel's second opponent, should my adopted Santa Barbara Gauchos not sneak in there.
- The NCAA field hockey tournament, with a bracket heavy on ACC teams. UNC meets Penn State on Saturday.