- Maryland looked good beating Hampton and Vermont in College Park earlier in the week. They advance to the semifinals of the Coaches vs Cancer Classic were they will undoubtedly play someone who has never needed an automatic bid to get to the NCAA Tournament.
- NC State beat Wofford 92-88 on Friday night at the RBC Center. Barely beating Wofford tells you all you need to know about how long a season this will be for the Pack and the fact they only played seven guys which means it will be a really, really long season for the players. But at least the excitement is back.
- Boston College trampled New Hampshire. The freshman Shamaki Spears, who as far as ESPN.com is concerned does not exist, had 23 points. Jared Dudley had 19 and 10 rebounds.
- Virginia Tech showed their bona fides by smacking Coppin State around 94-43. Very balanced attack for the Hokies including outrebounding the Eagles 50-30.
- Georgia Tech got a combined 32 points from freshmen Thaddeus Young and Javaris Crittenton on their way to an 83-49 win over Elon.
- Clemson enjoyed an easy win over Arkansas State 83-44 leading me to ask: How freaking bad is Arkansas State to lose by 39 to Clemson?