Last night while you were flipping between the Canes and Panthers
- Well Boston College became the first ACC team to lose this season and did so against a team Maryland beat by twenty last week. Vermont never really trails and led by 14 at halftime. BC did not mount much of a rally on the way to losing at home 77-63.
- Duke struggled early with Georgia Southern and then pulled away when the Eagles forgot how to put the ball in the basket and won 72-48. Josh McRoberts had 16 along with DeMarcus Nelson. Greg Paulus committed five of Duke's 20 turnovers. Obviously still some kinks to be worked on in Durham.
- Georgia Tech dropped 100 on Jackson State and apparently the three freshman in Atlanta are being referred to as the "Fab Three." Just doesn't roll the toungue off like it should.
- Florida State handled Illinois State 73-59. Al Thornton had 20 points.
- Tonight: Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Florida State, Miami and the much anticipated debut of North Carolina.