This is what was happening last night while I sat around wishing I had ESPNU...
- Wake Forest needed overtime to dispatch Bucknell 86-83. Of course I am not sure we can expect much out of the Demon Deacon basketball team considering Wake is a football school.
- Virginia Tech beat one of the sixteen directionally named schools in Florida, this time a 95-47 drubbing of West Florida
- Florida State trailed at the half against SMU before winning 59-52. The Seminoles only made 18 shots with 10 of those being three pointers.
- Miami thrashed Alcorn State 96-57 which causes me to wonder how absolutely dreadful Alcorn must be to lose this badly to Miami.
- UNC opened it up on Sacred Heart in the second half and posted what is expected to be the first of many such blowouts to the tune of a 103-81 win. Tyler Hansbrough made his first case for Player of the Year with a 29 point, nine rebound performance.