Friday, November 17th
- Anyone beginning to think Maryland is better than we all thought? Yeah, I know it is hard to tell much in the early going but after thrashing St. John's and last night beating Michigan St. 62-60 to win the Coaches vs Cancer Tournament. Maryland is 5-0 and seems to be playing with more energy and focus. They have returned to the trapping press that Gary Williams has implemented with success in the past. Obviously the jury will stay out on Maryland for a while longer and it is still possible a swoon is in the offing.
- Clemson smacked Appalachian State 79-49 proving that App State is not as good at basketball as they are at football.
- Elon went to Wake Forest and got a stark reminder of their proper place in local college basketball to the tune of 73-48
- NC State is now 2-0 under Sidney Lowe with a 63-43 win over Deleware St. DSU gave Duke fits in the NCAA Tournament last season so this is actually a nice win for the Pack. Of course some Pack fans thought looking at the score that Herb Sendek was back but that is product of playing a team that takes the whole shot clock to run their offense.
- Miami squeaked by Evansville by five, 74-69, which is not nearly as bad as what they did the next night...
Saturday, November 18th
- ...when Miami lost 60-57 to Buffalo. I do not know much about Buffalo, but this does not bode well for the Hurricanes.
- On Sunday: UNC, Miami, Virginia, and Florida State are in action.