- I am sure there is some kind of irony to Virginia Tech, whose mascot is the Hokie which I think is some sort of turkey, losing on Thanksgiving night to Western Michigan 71-68. Good thing the gobblers bounced back to beat Montana 77-56. Nothing like early season losses to really confuse everyone.
- Maryland continues to roll beating High Point 81-63 on the eve of the Atlantic Divisional Championship game in College Park.
- UNC beat Tennessee 101-87 by beating them senseless in the first half and playing so-so in the second, much to Roy Williams' chagrin.
- Florida State was absolutely throttled by #4 Pitt 88-66. I am not real sure what to make of that one except FSU might need a win or two like that to make sure they do not get skipped for the Big Dance.
- Clemson is now 6-0 after beating Charleston Southern 74-50. Clemson still has not played anyone.
- NC State trailed Gardner Webb by three at halftime but pulled ahead and away in the second half to win 88-76 which means if you extrapolate UNC's 53 point win over the same team, UNC will beat the Wolfpack by 39 points.(Edit: My math sucks, should be 41)
- On Saturday: Miami and Boston College will both try to break two game losing skids, Wake Forest hosts Appalachian State and Duke returns to the friendly confines to face Davidson.