- Florida State had an easy time with Georgia State winning 87-55. No real tests for the Noles until January
- Duke knocked off George Mason at home 69-53. The Devils still have very little offensive production and it might be just me but isn't a concern when Josh McRoberts has eight assists and your point guard has only two? Demarcus Nelson has been the real X factor for Duke and the thin line between good season and bad one in Durham.
- Miami beat Lehigh 79-58 following up the win over Georgia Tech with a 19 point victory. Of course Lehigh is also a 4-8 Patriot League team so take this one for what it is worth.
- NC State broke a two game skid with a 74-53 win over Savannah State. Engin Atsur is still out with a hamstring problem which leaves the Wolfpack with only six servicable players. Gavin Grant continues to carry a huge load running the point and scoring.
- UNC may have faced stiffer tests during exams than did they in beating High Point 94-69.
- Georgia Tech continues to struggle ever since UCLA throttled them in Maui, this time losing to Vanderbilt 73-64. Then again that is not the worst of it. Vanderbilt has losses to Wake Forest and Furman which makes this loss following the one against Miami particularly horrendous for a team which looked promising a few weeks ago. Then again, everyone has said this team will be much better come March.
- Another easy win for FSU, this one over SE Louisiana 88-62.
- Virginia Tech held Appalachian State to 37 points. The Hokies won 69-37.
- And the final game of the weekend reminds me of why I love the ACC. Maryland travelled to Boston College and lost 73-62. BC has a couple of bad losses early and Maryland seems to have cooled off from there torrid start. Winning on the road is simulatenously the toughest part of conference play and a key to climbing the standings. It was a tough loss for the Terps, who seemed to have a lot of little things go the wrong way. BC showed a lot of resilency and did what they needed to do: Hold serve at home.