Exam breaks for all!
- Florida State blew past Stetson(the school not the hat) 82-63 and that was after being up 50-28 at halftime. Tony Douglas led the Noles with 16 points.
- Clemson is 10-0 beating Wofford 90-66. As per official Clemson Athletic Department policy all teams must come out like world beaters early in the season so they can drop like a rock later on.
- NC State won five in a row to begin the season and now is the owner of a two game losing steak falling short at West Virginia 71-60. Four Wolfpack players played the entire 40 minutes. Engin Atsur still is not playing. The Pack were probably hurt most by the 17 turnovers with Gavin Grant responsible for nine of them. Obviously Atsur's ball handling is sorely missed.
- Duke beat Holy Cross 57-45 in a game Duke trailed at the half by six points. Greg Paulus continued that fabulous 1 to 1 turnover-to-assist ratio he has as the Devils turned the ball over 19 times and manage to break 40% from the field. Sooner or later Duke has to score points. The cannot expect the other team to simply come up this short every game, regardless of how good a defense people are saying they have this season.
- Virginia Tech made sure they did not drop another one of those games they should win by knocking off Old Dominion 72-55.
- Maryland recovered from the loss to Notre Dame by beating Fordham by 20. The Terps still managed to turn the ball over 25 times but shot extremely well from the floor as well as controlling the boards.
- Boston College quietly put away Fairfield 75-52 on a night more people at BC were more interested in football coaching news.