UNC 92 Arizona 64
Florida State 74 Wake Forest 66
Virginia 64 Clemson 63
Virginia Tech 73 Georgia Tech 65
Duke 75 Boston College 61
- Who would have thought at this point you would be talking about both Virginia and Virginia Tech in the mix near or at the top of the ACC. The Hokies won another road game at GT and Virginia scored a huge win on the road at Clemson. VT now leads the league outright and the Cavs are a game back at 5-2.
- Clemson was once 17-0 and 3-0 in the ACC. Now they are 18-4 and caught up in the middle of the conference at 4-4. The loss at home to Virginia was one they could have done without, the Tigers can only hope they can steal one on the road.
- FSU is 3-4 but two of those wins are versus Miami and Wake Forest who stayed in the game entirely too long. FSU also has a win over Virginia Tech which shows just how wildly inconsistent this team can be.
- Has the loss of Sean Williams caught up with BC? Hard to say since the Eagles did a fair amount of their seld destruction Sunday night.
- Duke has the toughest part of their schedule coming up. Six of the final nine conference games are on the road and two of the home games are versus teams that could very well beat them at Cameron in the form of Maryland and UNC.
- Looking at the standings there is a clear two games or more separation in the loss column between Virginia Tech(6-1), UNC(5-1), BC(6-2), Duke(5-2), and Virginia(5-2) and the rest of the conference teams with Clemson leading that pack as the only .500 team outside the top five.
- As far as NCAA Tournament berths go, at this point I would put six in. FSU, Maryland, and Georgia Tech are just not distinguishing themselves enought at this point to get a bid.
- This week's games include: Maryland at FSU with the winner feeling much better about themselves. Georgia Tech is at Wake Forest. BC steps versus Hartford, Miami comes to Chapel Hill for a huge beating and NC State will get a taste of the Hokie juggernaut. Duke closes out the midweek with a another national game on ESPN at Virginia where the clock operators actually know how to operate the scoreboard.