UNC, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Boston College, Virginia
Georgia Tech, Duke
- ACC is 5-2 to start the tournament.
- Virginia looked incredible in taking Albany to the cleaners. Tennessee vs Virginia should be an absolute shootout when you consider UT score 121 points in their 1st round game.
- I will continue to maintain that Paul Hewitt is not a great coach despite going to the title game in 2004. The Yellow Jackets looked ill-prepared today.
- Duke lost....and that still makes me smile.
- Boston College now faces Georgetown in a battle of current and former Big East teams. I think BC can pull it out but it will be extremely difficult.
- Maryland and Virginia Tech struggled but eventually won and since they are #4 and #5 seeds it will only get tougher from here.
- UNC gets Michigan State for the second time in three tournaments.