- The Charlotte Observer catches up with Antawn Jamison who has three children including an six month old son who he name Antwan, Jr.. Apparently his own name was spelled wrong on his birth certificate and his parents never corrected it. Jamison decided to name his son with the correct spelling.
- Greg Oden, whose elderly appearance has been well documented, is apparently going to be out for awhile with a tonsillectomy. This guy is just a complete paradox at times.
- Butch Davis picked up a commitment from Charlotte Latin QB Branden Hanson. The rising senior is a four star recruit according to Scout.com and it also a nice in-state pickup considering that Tom O'Brien has apparently overcome the damage Chuck Amato did to NC State's in-state recruiting apparatus.
- Wayne Ellington is trying out for the Pan American Games team. Here is hoping his experience is as good as Deon Thompson's has been playing on the U19 team.
- Only 51 days until the opening game versus James Madison in football.