Let me state upfront I am not into conspiracy theories but this chain of events is quite interesting:
1. Joe Alleva leaves the AD position at Duke for the same position at LSU
2. LSU hires Stanford's Trent Johnson to be the head men's basketball coach at LSU.
3. Stanford hires Duke assistant Johnny Dawkins to replace Johnson at Stanford.
4. Stanford 2008 commit Miles Plumlee asks to be released from his LOI; Dawkins obliges.
5. Plumlee commits to Duke where his younger brother, Mason Plumlee is already a 2009 commitment.
Now, if I am not mistaken, Trent Johnson to LSU was in the works prior to Alleva coming on board or at best it was simulataneous. I do think it is odd that Dawkins was willing to release Plumlee to Duke which is his former(and future?) employer. I tend to think you should force kids to honor their LOIs since they signed with the school and not the coach. Dawkins even said he thought Plumlee would end up at Duke which is convenient he could help his old coach out by sending him a 6-10 forward for next season.
In the end there is really nothing funny here, unless you think the "Dawkins releasing Plumlee so he could commit to Duke" action points Dawkins caring more about Duke than he does his new employer. Overall it is just an weird circle of events that started at Duke and ended at Duke.