How many pounds did you gain this offseason?
- UNC released the basketball roster for the 2011-12 season which is mildly interesting only because of any changes to weight. The most notable is John Henson apparently measured an inch taller and ten pounds heavier. Henson is now 6-11, 220 pounds which is the same weight as P.J. Hairston who is 6-5. Kendall Marshall also gained an inch and picked up nine pounds. Reggie Bullock put on 15 pounds to go from 190 to 205. Henson putting on weight is great but he is still light for his position.
- Speaking of Marshall, I am guessing Adam Lucas could not wait any longer to use "Marshall Plan" in a column so he used it now. Marshall has been spending his time reviewing game tape, except for the Kentucky regional final game. No one has watched that...except Harrison Barnes. Marshall wants to build on last year and has done so with work on his offensive game and spending time building up his conditioning which will be necessary because I expect Marshall will still play over 30 mpg.
- Devon Ramsay had successful surgery to repair torn ACL and MCL ligaments in his left knee. Now comes the rehab and petition to get a sixth year of eligibility from the NCAA.
- UNC RB Gio Bernard spoke with Adam Gold and Joe Ovies on 99.9 The Fan this afternoon. Bernard said UNC spent a lot of time working on ball security over the past few days.
- Boise St. got their penalties from the NCAA today which included three year probation and three scholarship reductions for football. Boise had 20 major violations spread across multiple sports with the football one covering over 60 prospective student-athletes and around $5000 in improper benefits. The dreaded lack of institutional control charge was also levied but because the violations covered multiple sports. And yes, this all means absolutely nothing when UNC's turn comes.