Morsels really from Everett Withers radio show and other places.
- Kicker Casey Barth will likely be out another week. Withers said he is close to returning but will not kick this week versus Louisville.
- In other injury news DT Tydreke Powell suffered what Withers is calling a deep bruise in his shoulder versus ECU. Powell is back at practice. RB A.J. Blue and LB Kevin Reddick are both questionable with ankle injuries. The questionable tag is based on the abundant sense of caution being taken with injured Tar Heels at this stage of the season.
- Withers was asked about the possible move of Trey Boston to safety and Jabari Price starting opposite Charles Brown at cornerback. Wither said the decision was forthcoming but @TarHeelMonthly tweeted the move would happen. From that it can be assumed that is what happened in practice today. The move is a necessary one after watching Boston struggle to cover the down marker much less opposing receivers from the corner position. Hopefully the shuffle will pay some dividends in pass defense.
- The local media in Louisville has a spotlight on Quinton Coples because (1) the Cardinals offensive line is about as effective in stopping a pass rush as a paper towel in front of a fire hydrant and (2) everyone knows Coples is highly touted as a future NFL draft pick. The problem for Coples is his stats have not been nearly as impressive from the DE slot as they were when he played on the interior. No doubt he is being keyed on but this is the kind of game Coples can do a little stat padding and jumpstart himself heading into the six game ACC stretch.
- Fun fact: The only two instances UNC has beaten Louisville in football came in 1995 and 1996 when the Heels won 17-10 and 28-10. UL had a very familiar face serving as the defensive coordinator in both of those games. Everett Withers.