- Let's start with Friday where UNC introduced Larry Fedora as the new football coach. We will see how this ultimately turns out but after the past 18 months it was nice to see a well executed coaching search that resulted in a candidate most of the fan base can get behind.
- Later that evening, UNC played UCLA in the National Semifinals of the College Cup. The Heels rallied down a goal twice and eventually won on penalty kicks to advance to the national title game.
- On Saturday, the Heels dispatched Long Beach St. in basketball. It was not necessarily their best effort but they got the win against a tough opponent.
- The men's soccer team followed up the win on Friday night with a 1-0 victory over Charlotte to take the NCAA Championship for the second time in school history
- In the NFL there were Tar Heels doing work all over the league. The big performance of the day went to T.J. Yates in his second career start at QB for the Houston Texans. Yates was 26-44 for 300 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT. With Houston trailing 19-13 and 2:33 left in the game, Yates led the team on an 80-yard touchdown drive to win the game. During the drive, Houston faced a 3rd and 15 from the Cincinnati 40-yard line when Yates scrambled for an 17 yard pick up and the first down. Yates six yard TD pass Kevin Walter with two seconds left sealed the deal. Yates is 2-0 as a starter and the Texans have clinched the AFC South with a 10-3 mark.In other games, two of Yates' former targets at UNC made some noise on Sunday. TE Ryan Taylor had his first career TD reception for Green Bay as they smacked Oakland 46-16. WR Hakeem Nicks had seven catches for 154 yards in helping the New York rally to beat Dallas in a must-win game for the Giants.