After an exciting first day that saw upsets, buzzer beaters, and chalk, it’s time for the other 32 teams to being their NCAA Tournament run. That includes the University of North Carolina, the defending champions of the event in case you forgot.
With a mid-afternoon tipoff, this list may come in handy for those of you who can’t get out of the office early to watch the Heels play. One important thing to note, however. Since football season, we’ve been extolling the virtues of hitting the TuneIn app and streaming the Tar Heel Sports Network. That’s no longer an option as Westwood One has all of the radio rights to the games, and that includes the streaming radio calls.
There is hope: per the Carolina Insiders Podcast a couple of weeks ago, a lot of the THSN affiliates offer their streams online, and that while they are SUPPOSED to turn off the Carolina feed during the game, some of the folks behind the buttons are known to forget to do that. Try your luck if your preference is to listen to Jones and Big Grits.
Here are the details:
- Time: Approx 2:45 PM, Carolina is the second game of their pod’s day session
- Location: (Not very well liked cable company) Center, Charlotte, NC
- TV: CBS, check for your local affiliate, the A-Team of Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery, and Grant Hill are on the call
- Radio: Tar Heel Sports Network, click for affiliates. Jones Angell and Eric Montross with the call, note they will only call the Carolina game unlike the ACC Tournament.
- Streaming: On your computer at the NCAA website, will need a cable username/password to use, note the boss button in case you aren’t supposed to be doing so. Download the app for your phone, same deal.
(subject to regional availability)
Go Heels! Let’s go back to back!