Let’s start with this: there are probably a ton of tickets available for Charlotte today.
Thanks to UMBC taking out Virginia in the biggest upset in NCAA Tournament history, Cavalier fans are going to be unlikely to attend today’s set of games, meaning those tickets are out in the world for folks to snap up. If Charlotte is a relatively easy trip for you, you should go and try to catch this team, as it is very likely your last chance to see this team play in person. If they win, they’ll go out to Los Angeles and if they survive that, they’ll go to San Antonio, neither of which are easy trips to take. There’s a real chance here to turn this arena into the Dean Smith Center-Charlotte, but bigger than that, it’s one more chance to cheer Joel Berry and Theo Pinson in person.
That win last Friday in the ACC Tournament just keeps getting bigger, doesn’t it?
That said, not everyone can be in Charlotte. The vast majority of us will be cheering outside the Queen City, and if this is you, here’s how you can catch the action:
- Time: 5:15 PM-Carolina is the first game of the session, so this time is set
- Location: (Still not very well-liked cable company) Center, Charlotte, NC
- TV: CBS, check for your local affiliate, Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery, and Grant Hill, fresh off of calling college basketball history, are on the call.
- Radio: Tar Heel Sports Network, click for affiliates. Jones Angell and Big Grits Eric Montross with the call.
- Streaming: On your computer at the NCAA website, will need a cable username/password to use, note the boss button in case you aren’t supposed to be doing so. Download the app for your phone, same deal.
- https://www.hulu.com/live-tvCBS All Accesshttps://www.cbs.com/all-access/live-tv/
- (subject to regional availability)
Note, again, that the THSN is no longer available on TuneIn and GoHeels, as the NCAA controls all the radio streams. You can check the local affiliates to see if the person responsible for turning off the call for their on-line stream is asleep at the switch.
Go Heels! Let’s get to LA!