In the realm of “things that we’re really excited about that completely snuck up on us”, you wouldn’t think basketball season would be one of them!
With the advent of the ACC Network, it turns out the Tar Heels tip off a WEEK from tonight, so...it’s probably high time we start talking about the season ahead.
Host Chad Floyd (@Chad_Floyd) is joined by longtime pal Akil Guruparan (@akillesheel17) to break down the UNC basketball roster in part 1 of a multi-part North Carolina basketball season preview.
- The guys are briefly yet immediately sidetracked by some of the quirks of the new schedule, including a Virginia game on the day of the ACC Football Championship.
- They agree on their projected starting lineup, which saves some valuable time.
- Breaking down each player individually: what to expect from Cole Anthony? Christian Keeling as X-factor? Garrison Brooks’ statline will be: _____?
- After the break, some glowing words about Leaky Black’s potential role, and the versatility of he and Justin Pierce off the bench.
- We don’t know what to make of no less than five scholarship players, which isn’t great.
You found us here, don’t lose us! The season is upon us, this is the first basketball season on the new podcast format and we would hate to have you fly in and right back out. Subscribe on your podcast app of choice and leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts. It helps promote us so we can continue to do cool things, like buy a subscription to our recording software so we can talk about the roster for longer than 45 minutes.