After an inconveniently-timed hiatus, Don’t Punt to Gio is back to discuss...well, a lot.
Host Chad Floyd is joined by Jake Lawrence, and they get into four main topics: the State win (its still fun to discuss), Carolina’s All-ACC honorees, the Military Bowl vs. Temple, and the coaching carousel.
- Did Carolina achieve catharsis against State, or was that the beginning?
- How screwed, exactly, is N.C. State right this second?
- Congratulations to Charlie Heck, Sam Howell, Dazz Newsome, and Chazz Surratt. What kind of proof of concept can be built from high honors in the conference?
- Temple and the Military Bowl: at least its not Navy!
- Oh god, coaches. Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss (and the innumerable outcomes of that marriage)! Former UNC OL coach Sam Pittman to Arkansas! Eli Drinkwitz to Mizzou! Mike Norvell to FSU! Coach hiring season really is the best, the most absurd, and I can’t get enough of it.
If you haven’t already, please consider subscribing to our podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or whatever application you use to listen to podcasts. You’ll be able to stay up to date with What in Tar Nation, Don’t Punt to Gio, and Between the Banners so you don’t miss an episode.