The North Carolina Tar Heels won their first bowl game in six years, and did so handily. Carolina beat Temple by a modest score of 55-13 in the 2019 Northrup Grumman Military Bowl, so we had to talk about it!
Guest Al Hood (@albhood) was on site in Annapolis for the massacre, so he graciously joined host Chad Floyd (@Chad_Floyd) to talk about what it looked like from Maryland.
- The sights and sounds of the Military Bowl, Annapolis, and its small-town feel.
- Al’s favorite play(s) to happen right in front of him.
- Phil Longo’s new package for goal-line offense.
- Phil Longo’s ruthless “Philly Special” playcall to put the Heels up 41-6.
- Phil Longo’s tactful approach to padding stats, as Dyami Brown, Dazz Newsome, and Michael Carter all eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark at their respective positions.
- Gushing over the trajectory of Carolina’s football program as it sits right now— a time-honored tradition on this here podcast.
If you like what we do, tell us! Hit subscribe on your podcast app of choice, and leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts so your bumbling host can read it on air.