Three years in a row, the path has been set up to where UNC and Duke would face off in the semifinals of the ACC Tournament. Duke took round 3 in 2017, while UNC took the third meeting last year. Unlike the last two years, this third meeting won’t break a tie in the season matchup. Carolina, as you are probably aware, swept the regular season for the first time since a certain title year. According to most though, the games don’t count because a certain player wasn’t on the floor for the Blue Devils.
That player, as you are no doubt well aware, will be on the floor tonight Poor UVa-Florida State. Their game is going to have more cut-ins featuring guys in warm up shirts than actual action on the floor, never mind that it may actually be a really tough game for the Wahoos to in.
That said, this third matchup is big . This game is likely for a number one seed, placement in Columbia, SC along with Virginia, and an all-around better path to get to the Final Four. It’s also for a shot at the ACC Championship. If you aren’t going to be inside the arena in Charlotte for the game, here’s how you can catch the action:
- Time: The ACC says it’ll be 9:00 PM. It won’t be 9:00 PM. Gametime is approximately 30 minutes after the end of UVA/FSU so in the 9:30 area.
- Location: Spectrum Center, Charlotte, NC
- TV: ESPN or the ACC Network (Affiliates listed here)
- Radio: Tar Heel Sports Network (Affiliates listed here) or Sirius XM channel 80
- Streaming: Watch ESPN or the ESPN app on your smart TV for the TV feed (Also featuring an “above the rim” cam, if that’s your thing) or Tune In for the radio feed.