The North Carolina Tar Heels (45-17) back in action this Saturday in the Chapel Hill Super Regional against Auburn (36-25).
Carolina joins ACC foes Duke, Louisville, and Florida State, along with in-state rival East Carolina, in the Super Regionals. Check out the full bracket for all the action this weekend.
Via UNC Athletics, the Tar Heels are in their 9th Super Regional and are 14-4 all-time in the NCAA Super Regionals. This is the best winning percentage among all programs in the country. However, UNC is 1-7-1 all-time versus Auburn and have not played since 2003. The only Carolina victory occurred during head coach Mike Fox’s senior season in 1978.
Here is the schedule for this weekend:
Saturday. June 8
Game 1: Noon on ESPN2
Sunday. June 9
Game 2: 11:30 a.m. on ESPN
Monday. June 10
Game 3 (if necessary): 1 p.m. on ESPN2
Both single-game tickets and the all-session Super Regional package are sold out. According to the UNC Ticket Office (@UNCTix), the Super Regional sold out in 25 minutes.
Below is additional game day information via UNC Athletics:
- Tickets may become available on the day of the game at the Boshamer Stadium box office based on potential tickets returned by Auburn, the visiting team.
- Gates and ticket windows will open two hours prior to game time.
- Standing Room Only tickets will become available after all seats are sold.
- Due to expected high temperatures throughout the weekend, fans will be allowed to bring soft-sided coolers and sealed water bottles into the stadium. All coolers must be able to fit underneath your seat and will be searched upon entry to the stadium.
- Parking will be available for the entire weekend in the Rams Head deck for $5 and the Craige Deck (levels 5-9 only) for free.
- Beginning at 5pm on Friday through Sunday, parking will also be available for free in the Bowles Lot, Raleigh Road Visitors Lot, and on Stadium Drive.
- Disability parking will be in the Rams Head Deck for $5.
- Uber/Lyft Drop off and pick up will be in the upper Ehringhaus Lot.
- Ridge Road will be closed to through traffic four hours prior to game time each day.
Weather may play a factor all weekend. The forecast is calling for 90 percent chance of rain, including thunderstorms through Monday. For the latest information, follow Carolina Baseball on Twitter @DiamondHeels.