We’re not an NBA blog, and Between the Banners is not an NBA show. Now, having said that, we had to unwrap the specific brand of absurdity that only the Association can provide.
Al Hood (@albhood) and a cameo by Akil Gurupuran (@akillesheel17) join host Chad Floyd (@Chad_Floyd) to unwrap the pure WTF of NBA Free Agency, which opened on Sunday at 6pm.
Being good Tar Heels, we related the craziness back to some of the Heels in the NBA.
- Theo Pinson’s role on the now must-watch Brooklyn Nets;
- Wayne Ellington and Reggie Bullock: plan F or G for the Knicks, but THEY’RE GETTING PAID EIGHT FIGURES, DAMNIT!;
- We totally forgot about Harrison Barnes’ $85 million deal for the first 50 minutes;
- Raymond Felton: still in the NBA, likely future Laker;
- Ed Davis as a mentor for Tony Bradley?
Those are really the supplementary points to the plot: Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, and <insert superstar here> are all on the move, and we unpacked as much of it as we possibly could.
Its not our normal beat, but it was still fun!