Don’t Punt to Gio is BACK, as Chad Floyd (@Chad_Floyd) is joined by Jake Lawrence (@therealestRJL) to break down the 2019 Carolina roster.
Big shoutout to Mack Brown for naming Sam Howell the likely starter at QB about five minutes before we started recording.
Discussed are the following (well, I mean, “roster preview” is fairly self-explanatory):
- The utilization of the three QB’s despite today’s Howell news;
- Inexperience and upside in the receiving corps;
- An offensive line with a concerning amount of moving parts;
- Three good running backs, representing the only thing in which we’re confident;
- Aaron Crawford and Jason Strowbridge hold the keys to this defense. I couldn’t think of another way to say it if they went down, so I used a curse word;
- Are the inside linebackers low floor/high ceiling, or low floor/low ceiling? Jake and I disagree on something;
- Tomon Fox: beast;
- Secondary: good first team, depth unknown, and when the hell is the NCAA going to rule on Cam’Ron Kelly;
- Actually, that’s the entire defense;
- SPECIAL TEAMS!
We hope you enjoy it so much that you go ahead and take the plunge. We’re not asking you for money, just to click subscribe on your podcast app of choice and leave us a 5-star review, which Chad will read on air.
Thanks for listening, and Go Heels!