Don’t Punt to Gio is back, for the first time as a podcast about a 1-0 football team. Jacob Cowden (@jacobcowden28) joins host Chad Floyd (@Chad_Floyd) to talk about the Tar Heels’ 24-20 win for about 20 minutes, and the guys go around the globe and talk about what else they saw in college football after the break.
- Was Carolina’s defense a Jay Bateman success, a Jake Bentley problem, or both?
- The Heels dialed everything up in the second half, almost as if a smart coaching staff was letting them get settled in and coaching intelligently?
- Chazz Surratt appreciation, and plenty of room for growth.
- The running backs and the offensive line made both podcasters really happy.
- Sam Howell’s first time out: things to clean up, but rave reviews.
- Special teams (insert gritting teeth emoji)
- The Heels won a Power 5 opener for the first time since almost any current college football player was born, let’s celebrate damnit!
- Jacob was on the scene for Utah/BYU.
- Oregon/Auburn: Bo Nix? Auburn luck? Or Oregon wearing down in the trenches?
- Duke/Alabama: it happened!
- A quick run through the ACC games, most of which Chad missed.
- Week 1 superlatives!
You found us, now don’t lose us! Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, leave us a 5-star review here so Chad can read it on air and make a fool of himself.