Is Carolina basketball back? Well, possibly, as the Heels posted two double-digit conference wins with a depleted roster.
Is the Tar Heel Blog Podcast back? Yessir.
Host Chad Floyd (@Chad_Floyd) is joined by Akil Gurupuran (@akillesheel17) and Al Hood (@albhood) to talk about a litany of happenings in Carolina basketball, and beyond.
- We start on a somber note, talking about memories of the late Kobe Bryant. The obvious Michael Jordan juxtapositions hit close to home as Carolina fans, but we tried to eulogize him and put into context his passing as best we could.
- The win against Miami: the Brandon Robinson show takes a backseat (in our discussion, at least) to some nice things we saw from Armando Bacot and grad transfers Christian Keeling and Justin Pierce. Also, the catharsis of building a lead, maintaining a lead, and ending a long losing streak.
- We danced on State’s grave, through the lens of Robinson the absolute warrior, and Garrison Brooks, emerging superstar.
- And yes, we trashed State as a program and fanbase a little bit.
- Finally, we wrap by quickly discussing whether the Heels can navigate the tough back end of the schedule and get back in the NCAA Tournament discussion.