If the panic button hadn’t been pressed before, the Carolina fan base was likely clawing each other to get to it after Saturday’s...well I was going to say effort but that’s giving what happened on the court too much credit.
Nevertheless, they don’t cancel the rest of the season after one bad game and the Tar Heels have a chance to right the ship tonight against the 10-4 Pitt Panthers. Jeff Capel’s team comes to Chapel Hill looking to get a good win in their coach’s second season, coming off of a loss to Wake Forest to open their January action. Meanwhile, the Tar Heels will try once more to get Roy Williams his 880th win that will have him pass his mentor Dean Smith and into 4th place outright on the all-time wins list.
If you’re not headed to the Smith Center for the First Day of Classes tilt, or if you get stuck in traffic on the way over there, here’s how you can catch the action.
- Time: 6:00 PM
- Location: Dean E. Smith Center, Chapel Hill, NC
- TV: ACC Network, Dave O’Brien and Cory Alexander calling the action
- Radio: Tar Heel Sports Network, affiliates here & Sirius XM channel 386. Jones Angell and Eric Montross behind the mics.
- Streaming: WatchESPN has it if your cable provider allows access to the ACC Network (LOL those of us with Xfinity) via computer, smartphone, tablet. If you prefer the THSN, catch it on TuneIn or GoHeels.com.
- Line: UNC -5 (that isn’t a typo)