Carolina’s next ACC game will occur in Chapel Hill, and against a team in orange...
It’s just going to be a few days later and against an opponent from a few miles further north than was expected.
In what has become more normal for this college basketball season, the Tar Heels went from playing a Saturday Night game against the Clemson Tigers to a Tuesday Night game against the Syracuse Orange. The move was precipitated by the ACC COVID protocol as Clemson indicated enough issues to warrant moving the game. As the Orange had started late due to COVID issues of their own, the two squads found themselves with an open date and time this week, and the ACC decided that asking a healthy Tar Heels squad to wait a week and a half to play just didn’t make sense.
Thus, here we are. Tonight, Carolina will go up against the vaunted 2-3 zone of Syracuse. The Orange come into the game 7-2 on the season, but only having played two ACC Games: a dominant win over Boston College and a close loss to Pitt last Wednesday. The loss at Pitt represented the first game Syracuse had played since December 19th, so if you think Carolina’s schedule has been tumultuous this season, just take a peek at the Orange. In this case, at least Carolina had a few days to scout Syracuse.
The game will be a huge test for the Tar Heels as they look to build momentum off their close win against Miami last week, and face a team playing the type of defense that others have utilized as well: the zone. Knowing they will be playing this defense exclusively may finally provide the key to being able to play against this defense.
So, here’s how you can catch the action tonight:
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Dean E. Smith Center, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- TV: ACC Network, Wes Durham and Jordan Cornette will be on the call
- Radio; Tar Heel Sports Network (affiliates listed here) with Jones Angell and Eric Montross on the call. It can also be heard on Sirius XM channel 388.
- Streaming: The ACCN broadcast can be seen on Watch ESPN for those whose cable/streaming subscriptions include it (sorry Comcast), while the THSN radio broadcast can be heard on Tune In.
- Line: UNC -4, O/U 143.5 as of this writing.