UNC took care of business with authority in their win over Virginia in the ACC Tournament quarterfinals. That earned them the right to face the other Virginia team, Virginia Tech, in the semifinals on Friday. The Hokies squeaked by Clemson in overtime on Wednesday and held on to take out the #2 seed Notre Dame in the quarterfinals to get here.
Currently listed as one of Joe Lunardi’s Next Four Out, Virginia Tech is trying to put together enough of a run with some additional luck elsewhere to get into the NCAA Tournament. Carolina, on the other hand, is playing for fortuitous seeding. It would be huge for the Tar Heels to do enough to clear having to take on the #1 seed in the region in the round of 32. Lunardi currently has them as an 8 seed. Would a win over VT and a trip to the ACC Championship Game be enough to get them to a 7? Stay tuned.
If you aren’t in Barclays tonight, here’s how you can catch the action:
- Time: Approximately 9:30 PM, following Duke/Miami
- Location: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, NY
- TV: ESPN with Dan Shulman, Jay Bilas, and Holly Rowe
- Radio: Tar Heel Sports Network (list of affiliates) with Jones Angell on play-by-play, and Eric Montross as analyst. THSN is available online through GoHeels.com, The Varsity Network for free, and the TuneIn app for a subscription. On Sirius XM, the THSN broadcast will air on channel 80. Also, a reminder, the THSN doesn’t do the full tournament anymore.
- Streaming: The Watch ESPN app on all your various devices will air the ESPN broadcast
- Line: UNC -2, O/U: 142.5 per DraftKings.com