There are few things that I hate in this world more than UNC going to PNC Arena to face off against NC State. No, it’s not because it is an intimidating environment, and it’s most certainly not about UNC having a bad record there (they are 18-5 in that particular venue, and 68-47 overall against the Pack on the road). Truly what I hate about it is that for this particular trip, these fans are going to be somehow even more intolerable than usual because of what happened in these two teams’ first game in Chapel Hill. Even worse is the fact that this Tar Heels team is in big trouble when it comes to making the NCAA Tournament, and the Wolfpack could slam the door shut by successfully defending their home court. Talk about the absolute worst scenario possible.
There’s not a lot that needs to be said about what the Heels need to do to win this game, but it is worth noting that there was a lot of talk coming from the team about creating more spacing on the floor on offense. Like Caleb Love said, that doesn’t happen without the ball going into the basket, but I am still interested to see what Hubert Davis cooked up from a scheme perspective for this game. The Heels desperately need to create better opportunities for Armando Bacot, but that only happens if the rest of the team is able to fire on all cylinders.
For those that decided you didn’t want your tires slashed while visiting PNC Arena (a real thing someone I know experienced), here’s how you can watch/stream the game.
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Location: PNC Arena — Raleigh, NC
- TV: ESPN with Doug Sherman and Cory Alexander on the call
- Radio: Tar Heel Sports Network with Jones Angell and Eric Montross. Here’s a list of affiliates airing the THSN broadcast. On Sirius XM, the THSN feed will air on channel 390. You can also listen to them on GoHeels.com, The Varsity Network, and TuneIn.
- Streaming: The ESPN broadcast can be streamed on Watch ESPN
- Line: UNC +2.0 , per Draftkings.com