clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

UNC basketball recruiting: 2018 SF Nassir Little includes North Carolina in his final five

Nassir Little has climbed the high school ranks, and now he has cut his list down to five

NCAA Basketball: Davidson at North Carolina Rob Kinnan-USA TODAY Sports

UNC has been very busy on the recruiting front within the past couple of weeks. Roy Williams has been sending out offers to 2018 and 2019 recruits all offseason, and just yesterday Williams managed to land four-star PG Jeremiah Francis for the 2019 class.

Focusing on the 2018 class, small forward Nassir Little, out of Orlando Christian Prep, took to twitter Wednesday night to announce his top five schools. UNC made the list, along with Arizona, Miami, Duke, and Georgia Tech.

Little is a five-star recruit who has been on Roy Williams’s radar for quite sometime now. Ranked as the 22nd player in the 2018 class, he finally received an offer from UNC on July 31. Little has managed to climb the ranks of the 247 Sports recruiting ranking list, and they currently have him as one of the top five small forwards in the country and the fifth-best player from the state of Florida.

UNC isn’t the only blue blood program that has made an offer to Little within the past few weeks; Duke offered a scholarship to him just one day before he announced his final top five schools. It is also worth noting that his final list consists of four ACC schools, and one PAC-12 school in Arizona. Currently 247 Sports’s Crystal Ball gives UNC a 69% chance of landing the six-foot-seven forward, while Arizona is next in line at 31%.

While it is unknown when Little plans to make his final decision about where he will be attending school, what we do know is that the has an official visit to Chapel Hill coming up the second weekend in September, which will also be the same weekend that UNC football faces Louisville. This is going to be a huge weekend for Little to be on campus because the 2017 National Championship team will be receiving their rings during the game.

Adam Lucas revealed Wednesday that for the ring presentation, members from all five previous championship teams will be in attendance to present UNC with their rings. It will be awesome to see which members show up.

For Little, it will be a chance for him to experience the type of family atmosphere and love for the school that has been embedded in every player that has spent their playing days in Chapel Hill.

Should Nassir Little decide to bring his talents to Chapel Hill, he will be joining the duo of five-star Coby White and four-star Rechon “Leaky” Black. It will be very interesting to see how the 2018 class pans out because there are still a number of offers out to some highly ranked athletes, including fellow SF Zion Williamson and PF Simi Shittu. The future of this class could go down to the end of the calendar year.