It’s been a very quiet week as far as UNC recruting is concerned. While there hasn’t been much action that directly involves the Tar Heels in either football or basketball, there have nevertheless been a few developments that are worth keeping an eye on, particularly in football.
6’1, 180 lbs
The Boys Latin School (Baltimore, MD)
Three-Star (#591 National Ranking, #43 Positional)
5’11, 230 lbs
North Stanly (New London, NC)
Two-Star (#2,061 National Ranking, #2 Positional)
6’0, 185 lbs
Ledford (Thomasville, NC)
Three-Star (#1,269 National Ranking, #100 Positional)
6’3, 205 lbs
Grayson (Loganville, GA)
Three-Star (#1,237 National Ranking, #102 Positional)
- Despite some anticipation that Joe Burrow, the graduate transfer quarterback from Ohio State, might visit UNC, the visit never materialized and Burrow has chosen to attend LSU.
- 4-star offensive tackle William Harrod released a top 7 on Saturday, and despite him not yet having visited campus, UNC made the cut alongside Tennessee, Michigan, Florida, Oklahoma, LSU, and Oregon. He is targeting a late July commitment, so hopefully he can visit campus before then. Larry Fedora’s Freak Show would be a great time to do so.
- There’s some recruiting trouble eight miles down the road. Both of Duke’s 4-star 2019 commits rescinded their commitments this week. Running back Zonovan Knight and wide receiver Donavon Greene are both local prospects; Greene is 247 Sports’ 8th-best North Carolina player and Knight ranks 20th in the state. Both are big-time UNC targets and we will see if the staff can get them all the way over to the good side. The rivalry never sleeps, folks.
6’10, 240 lbs
Trinity Episcopal School (Richmond, VA)
Five-Star (#21 National Ranking)
6’9, 220 lbs
Westlake (Austin, TX)
Five Star (#17 National Ranking)
6’8, 185 lbs
North Side (Fort Wayne, IN)
Five Star (#27 National Ranking)
Vernon Carey Jr.
6’9, 245 lbs
University School (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
Five-Star (#2 National Ranking)
6’9, 199 lbs
John Marshall Senior (Rochester, MN)
Five-Star (#4 National Ranking)
6’5, 210 lbs
Cox Mill (Concord, NC)
Five-Star (#24 National Ranking)
6’4 175 lbs
Northwood Temple Academy (Fayetteville, NC)
Four-Star (#53 National Rank)
6’9, 235 lbs
Bishop Miege (Mission, KS)
Five-Star (#26 National Ranking)
6’8 220 lbs
South Central (Winterville, NC)
6’3, 190 lbs
Pickerington Central (Pickerington, OH)
Four-Star (#51 National Ranking)
- Wendell Moore opened up about his recruitment that, for UNC fans, seems to have gone on forever. Read about it here.
- Incoming freshman Rechon “Leaky” Black is ready to make an impact wherever he is on the court, but he hopes that he’ll be playing mostly at the point. Theo Pinson’s role in the last half of the 2018 season should give him some hope that Williams is okay with a point guard who’s taller than his starting wing players.